Monday, July 28, 2008

Quick Movie Reviews

After the excitement of last weekend, my buddies and I decided to tone things down a bit for this weekend and saw a LOT of movies.

The Dark Knight
I have grown up with the Batman franchise. One of my fondest childhood memories was getting my big brother's hand-me-down of Batman pajamas with FOOTIES. Oh, and I'm also a name dropper. Burt Ward, who played Robin in the original Batman TV series, is one of my great-uncles or something down the line. Fact is, we're related. Can't you tell the family resemblance? (I'm the one on top - it's hard to tell)
Anyway, like 99.9% of the US, I loved the movie. The Batman, however, was very boring in this installment. I kind of wanted the Joker and Two-Face to win, or at least go a little further... because Batman was just so boring.

Hancock
Will Smith, I want to hate you for making so much money, but you make it so hard with movies like this. Good movie!

Step Brothers
Normally I'm a big Will Ferrell fan... er, well, let me clarify, I loved him on SNL and in Old School. I even saw Kicking and Screaming. This movie was bad. Really bad. I still laughed sometimes though, because I just love Will Ferrell.

Hellboy 2
I haven't seen HB1, but this was still a cool movie to see in theaters. They did great things with computers in this movie, I must say.

Sex and the City
In my downtime since I've moved out to Cali, I've watched all six seasons of the Sex and the City television series, and since I just finally finished it last week, I was ready to see the movie at last (months after every TRUE Cosmo girl, of course). Conclusion? Those women are insane, except for the brunette - Charlotte. She's just crazy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow...you look just like Uncle Burt, only you are cuter.

:-)