Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Way to Amarillo

We made it! We left last night at about 8:30pm EST and arrived in Amarillo at 4:00pm CST. It was an ambitiously sought 18+ hour drive, highlighted by a few neat things:

- Five minutes into the trip, nearly hitting a dog that was eating a dead racoon off the road
- Lots of giant crosses
- OMG WIND FARMS! There were vast fields of wind turbines in Texas
- Blowing the fuse that controls my horn, radio amps and cigarette lighter because I was running the GPS charger, my cell phone charger, and a power inverter with another cell phone charging in that, all at the same time. Luckily, Holly came to the rescue and knew exactly what to do.
- Free sopapillas at the cute Mexican restaurant across the street from our hotel!
- Since when do I have ALLERGIES?

We're staying here overnight and leaving first thing in the morning for Roswell, New Mexico. I hope I get to meet some aliens... or at least people that think they are aliens.

I don't have any photos for you yet, but here is a video with the song that's been stuck in my head for the entirety of this trip:

The Way to Amarillo

5 comments:

Brian Callahan said...

I feel bad for you. /this is a horrible song! You should be listening to that CD.

roman said...

I'm glad you guys made it safe. Make sure that all of you get some sleep. Those aliens aren't going to let you rest.
:)

Mary and Frank said...

Emmmiiilllllyyy!!! We miss you! Schubert is BLUE now and moved out. J-Mo says "he's married, feels like an old person and tells Chris and I daily to "Not Get Crazy" :)
Warne thinks he owns the office now that Schubert moved out and says thanks for the stuff! He walks around wearing your lanyard saying "this is from Emily"!
I have a meeting with the manager in materials management today!!
Glad to hear you're having a great time! We'll keep reading as long as you keep blogging!
PS- I love that picture of your mom stuffing you in the trunk!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the trip is going ok. Hopefully your car AC keeps working so you don't bad mouth me for sending you to Express Auto Care. You need to start listening to doug fm asap to get a new song stuck in your head. Your mom should have push alittle more!lol

Roland Hansen said...

Amarillo is a very interesting place. Been there!