Friday, July 24, 2009

San Diego Comic Con! Day 1

After a somewhat-comedy-of-errors experience, I am finally inside the vast halls of the San Diego Convention Center!

I arrived at the San Jose airport yesterday afternoon to the devastating news that the flight had been overbooked and that I did not have a seat. Luckily, somebody that had checked in online never actually showed up, so I ended up with a seat after all! Plus, it was in the front row.

Due to my lack of being able to understand the concept of time and directions, I ended up getting in line for registration just moments too late. I'm not ashamed to admit that I cried. Okay, I am ashamed to admit it. Now the internets know.

After complaining to my mom and the boyfriend, I discovered a friendly-looking wine bar across the street from the convention center - The San Diego Wine & Culinary Center. For $7, you could taste 3 local wines, and the portions seemed generous enough to me. Shortly, I was joined by my friends (Kit & Chris) and we entertained ourselves by reading through Kingdom of Loathing's Choose Your Own Adventure novel.

Now, I am in line for the Meet the Guild Panel so that I may meet my favorite actress, the very lovely, smart and funny Felicia Day.

No comments: