Sunday, November 9, 2008

Business Tripping

I had the opportunity to visit the Phoenix area one week for training, and then come back for a work group face-to-face the next week and so got a little taste of what it's like to travel a lot. I still don't mind it, but I'm happy to be able to "relax" a little at home. For one thing, I *always* forget something important at home.

Highlights of the trip were a visit at the Pueblo Grande Museum and a hike on Camelback Mountain (which is actually closer to Paradise City, aptly named).

Pueblo Grande Museum had only a $5 admission. The centerpiece was the Hohokam Platform Mound, which the museum has attempted to preserve. They also had replicas of adobe houses and a desert garden all along a 2/3 mile trail.

On Camelback Mountain, I took the easy Bobby's Rock Trail, mostly because the trails were really not well-marked and it was really difficult getting back down the mountain in my tennis shoes. I am not a seasoned hiker.

Below is a slideshow of my pictures:

No comments: